Intention action

Hi,

i have the following method:

private static ArrayList _adapter = new ArrayList()

...

public ConnectionAdapter remove(ConnectionAdapter adapter) {
ConnectionAdapter a;
a = _adapter.re|move(adapter);
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
}
}

The intention action shows "Change 'a' type to boolean". Does this come from

  1. 6788 or do I need to file a report? I would have expected something like

"cast to 'ConnectionAdapter'".

Best regards,

Dirk Dittert

P.S: I tried searching for duplicates/similar problems:
Based on: All
Title&Description Contains Intention

returns no results. Via manual search I have found "Intention bulb for x =
y: 1. cast y, 2. change type of x" (#6788) that clearly contains the word
intention. What am I doing wrong?

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Dirk,

The method remove(Object) of ArrayList is defined by its super-class AbstractCollection and has the following signature:

public boolean remove(Object o)

So it looks like IDEA's suggestion is correct :)

Regards,
Maas

0
Comment actions Permalink

Maas van den Berg wrote:

So it looks like IDEA's suggestion is correct :)


That is why I canceled this message about 3.5 seconds after sending it on
the newsserver. But thanks anyway.

This is not affected by my refactor-post-bug-report screwup:

P.S: I tried searching for duplicates/similar problems:
Based on: All
Title&Description Contains Intention

returns no results. Via manual search I have found "Intention bulb for x =
y: 1. cast y, 2. change type of x" (#6788) that clearly contains the word
intention. What am I doing wrong?


Thanks anyway,

Dirk

0
Comment actions Permalink

That is why I canceled this message about 3.5 seconds
after sending it on the newsserver. But thanks anyway.

:)

Based on: All
Title&Description Contains Intention


Requests found: 218

cookies ?

Maas

0
Comment actions Permalink

.... or perhaps you have modified your 'All' filter

0
Comment actions Permalink

Maas van den Berg wrote:

... or perhaps you have modified your 'All' filter


No. Cookies are enabled. I am quite sure that I didn't modify the All
filter. Now I tried to search for all that have 676 as build and got a list
four requests (1226, 1227, 1229, 1252) which all have no entry in the build
field. If I try to look on one of the requests I get the attached NPE. If I
rerun the search for build 681 I get the same behavior. I get the same
results if I select fixed in and enter 681. Something is going really
wrong... I'll check that on another computer to make sure it is not my
setup.


Best regards,

Dirk Dittert



Jive Forums Error Summary
Jive Forums Version: 2.6.1
Stack Trace:
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
com.intellij.itn.tracker.TrackerManager.findJiveUser(TrackerManager.java:211)
at
jrun__trackerpages__thread2ejsp18._jspService(jrun__trackerpages__thread2ejsp18.java:253)
at jrun.jsp.runtime.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:43)
at jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invokeNext(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:414)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.include(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:348)
at jrun.jsp.runtime.JRunPageContext.include(JRunPageContext.java:352)
at jrun.jsp.tags.Include.doit(Include.java:35)
at
jrun.jsp.tags.RequestDispatchTag.doEndTag(RequestDispatchTag.java:47)
at
jrun__trackerpages__form2ejsp16._jspService(jrun__trackerpages__form2ejsp16.java:492)
at jrun.jsp.runtime.HttpJSPServlet.service(HttpJSPServlet.java:43)
at jrun.jsp.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invokeNext(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:414)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.include(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:348)
at
com.intellij.itn.servlets.DispatchServlet.gotoPage(DispatchServlet.java:47)
at
com.intellij.itn.tracker.servlets.TrackerDispatchServlet.processRequest(TrackerDispatchServlet.java:391)
at com.intellij.itn.servlets.DispatchServlet.doGet(DispatchServlet.java:33)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:241)
at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:348)
at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:451)
at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:294)
at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.