I installed WebStorm 9 today and I could not view in browser for any project. In versions 7 and 8 I never had to do any setup to view in browser, it just worked out of the box. When I tried I got these results:
Chrome: http://localhost:63342/EventReg/app/Test.html, Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data. Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE.
Firefox: http://www.localhost.com:63342/EventReg/app/Test.html, Server Not Found.
IE: http://localhost:63342/EventReg/app/Test.html, This page can’t be displayed.
I tried many settings and many searches to no avail. I was just about ready to return to version 8. Fortunately uninstalling Version 9, then reinstalling it fixed the problem.