I've been using Eclipse for the last year, but my project just purchased IntellliJ and I'm interested in working with it and possibly switching to it. I've got a few questions and appreciate any information / insight-
1. Application Run Configuration - Other than using the -classpath option, is there a way to configure a run to not use the project classpath? Eclipse has a nice Classpath tab that simplifies this process - probably just a comfort level issue, but I'm curious because I'm experiencing a few issues getting my application to run.
2. Auto. compile - Is there an option to auto compile a project as changes are made to a class?
3. Is there a way to see class level errors in the project / package pane? For example, Eclipse allows you to quickly see if a change causes errors in other classes by marking them with a red X in a package explorer view.
4. Is there a way to get IntelliJ to recognize my ejbdoclet tags in my classes and in my ant build?
5. What is up with all the spam on these boards? It gives the impression (to a new user at least) that there is a lack of commitment / resources dedicated to this effort. I'm not saying this is the case, but it gives that impression.
Also, want to say there are a lot of things I really like about IntelliJ.