12 comments

For those who have been waiting, Sergey Dmitriev has published his
article about Language Oriented Programming on our new ezine JetBrains
onBoard Online Magazine. Check it out at:
http://www.onboard.jetbrains.com/

Please map the onBoard forum on the newsserver too (like all the other forums).

Thanks,

Ahmed.


0

It's not a forum.

R


On 11/16/04 2:41 PM, in article 18009632362344874375000@news.jetbrains.com,
"Ahmed Mohombe" <amohombe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> For those who have been waiting, Sergey Dmitriev has published his
>> article about Language Oriented Programming on our new ezine JetBrains
>> onBoard Online Magazine. Check it out at:
>> http://www.onboard.jetbrains.com/

Please map the onBoard forum on the newsserver too (like all the other
forums).

Thanks,

Ahmed.


0

Robert S. Sfeir wrote:

>It's not a forum.
>

>
and it can be tracked through the associated RSS feeds.

Alain

0

There is an OnBoard forum at http://www.intellij.net/forums/index.jsp?cat=17. I think this is what Ahmed was talking about.

-Keith

It's not a forum.

R

On 11/16/04 2:41 PM, in article
18009632362344874375000@news.jetbrains.com, "Ahmed Mohombe"
<amohombe@yahoo.com> wrote:

>>> For those who have been waiting, Sergey Dmitriev has published his
>>> article about Language Oriented Programming on our new ezine
>>> JetBrains onBoard Online Magazine. Check it out at:
>>> http://www.onboard.jetbrains.com/
>>>
>> Please map the onBoard forum on the newsserver too (like all the
>> other forums).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ahmed.
>>

0

Robert S. Sfeir wrote:

>>

and it can be tracked through the associated RSS feeds.

No, you can't with Omea at the moment.
As Dmitry Jemerov (Jetbrains - Omea Project Leader) said:
"the feeds contain invalid UTF-8 characters, and Omea can't handle this yet",
so I wasn't able to read the RSS feeds.

Ahmed.

0

Ahmed Mohombe wrote:

>> and it can be tracked through the associated RSS feeds.

No, you can't with Omea at the moment.


But you can with any other decent RSS reader.

0

Hello Mark,

>>> and it can be tracked through the associated RSS feeds.
>>>
>> No, you can't with Omea at the moment.
>>
MD> But you can with any other decent RSS reader.

Too bad that "decent" and "standards compliant" are now mutually exclusive
in the world of RSS readers... but yes, future versions of Omea will support
feeds with encoding errors.

--
Dmitry Jemerov
Omea Project Leader
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0

Dmitry Jemerov (JetBrains) wrote:

Too bad that "decent" and "standards compliant" are now mutually
exclusive in the world of RSS readers... but yes, future versions of
Omea will support feeds with encoding errors.


True true - does Omea support ATOM feeds at all ( and allthe version
pain that that entails ).

I've looked briefly at Omea and its certainly nice, but sadly I run
mostly under linux :(

0

Hello Mark,

>> Too bad that "decent" and "standards compliant" are now mutually
>> exclusive in the world of RSS readers... but yes, future versions of
>> Omea will support feeds with encoding errors.
>>
MD> True true - does Omea support ATOM feeds at all ( and allthe version
MD> pain that that entails ).

Yes, we do support ATOM feeds - however, the ATOM spec is pretty sane, so
it's not really painful to support it.

--
Dmitry Jemerov
Omea Project Leader
JetBrains, Inc.
http://www.jetbrains.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0

Dmitry Jemerov (JetBrains) wrote:

Yes, we do support ATOM feeds - however, the ATOM spec is pretty sane,
so it's not really painful to support it.


It's just amusing that ATOM was supposed to "be the one true standard
and out when its ready", yet 0.31 is common - so far i've not seen any
other versions out there thou so thats good for now...

0

By the way, you can use nntp//rss to read rss and atom feeds with your
nntp newsreader :

http://www.methodize.org/nntprss/

BoD



Mark Derricutt wrote:

Dmitry Jemerov (JetBrains) wrote:

>> Yes, we do support ATOM feeds - however, the ATOM spec is pretty sane,
>> so it's not really painful to support it.


It's just amusing that ATOM was supposed to "be the one true standard
and out when its ready", yet 0.31 is common - so far i've not seen any
other versions out there thou so thats good for now...

0

BoD wrote:

By the way, you can use nntp//rss to read rss and atom feeds with your
nntp newsreader :

http://www.methodize.org/nntprss/


Yep - good app that, I'm still quite partial to the Smalltalk based
BottomFeeder thou ( http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/BottomFeeder/ )

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.