Just testing out phpstorm and getting started.
- Under Settings>PPHP. What goes into the "include path" part and why would I want to use it? The Help didn't really tell me much about what actually goes here.
- What are smart tabs? I couldn't understand from this: http://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/webhelp/general.html. Can someone explain why this would be useful?
- What is a "continuation indent" ?
- What are the files placed under .idea in a new project for?
- Can I disable the browser bar, or better, put it somewhere else, like on the toolbar? (The popup that lets you test your code in different browsers.)
- Can I select an entire line of code through any sort of shortcut? for example, in Microsoft Word, you can select a line by hovering near the
left hand side - the mouse pointer will turn to the right, instead of the normal left, indicating tha ingle click will select the entire line. This is pretty normal behavior in a lot of Windows
programs. Can something similar be done here?
- Is a birds eye view of the code possible, like (I think it is) in sublime text? (Never used it, just read about it and saw some screenshots.) I want a little "minimap" of the code.
- Can PHP storm tell me what the content of built in functions ought to be? it does it initially, but not while I am actually writing the function.
Dreamweaver provided some hints as to what a function arguments were - example, $needle, $haystack, etc. these came more or less from
the php documentation, I believe.
- Is there a way to have the elements of built in functions, like filter_var's fitlers available, or $_SERVER['(options)']?
- As an addition to (9), in dreamweaver I could type $_SER and $_SERVER would be available for autocomplete. Upon selecting it, I got $_SERVER[, so all I had to do was type ' and then autocomplete suggested everything that go into $_SERVER[' ']. Can any or all of this be done in phpstorm?
- After creating a toolbar button for a comand that doesnt have an icon (it was for "New"), and after I removed the icon from the toolbar, the icon remains by "New" in the File Menu. Can this icon be removed?
- Is it possible to add a button to the toolbar that opens a specific type of new document (php file, php class, or html file)? Is there also a keyboard command to do this? Right now it takes at least 2 clicks and some mouse movement between clicks to navigate tot he type of file you want to create.
- What does the caret refer to? When I think of a caret, I think of this "^". By caret, does the documentaion mean the mouse cursor or mouse pointer?
- Is it possible to just get a variable name only with a double click? Instead of getting "$helloworld" I just get "helloworld." This helps with changing variable names in single instances.
Thanks for all help.