Empty deployment list

Hi,

since several builds I've been trying to get my web modules ran
by IDEA again - without any luck. The problem I'm facing is that
even though I have two web modules defined, they don't show up in
the deployment tab of the Tomcat run configuration.

I've tried different projects and even tried to recreate the web
modules but nothing worked. What's the trick to make a web module
show up in the deployment tab?

Thanks
Sascha

10 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Same for 2079. Can't use the Tomcat stuff at all because I cannot deploy any webapp.

Anybody here with a spare moment to think about this and give me a clue? Thanks.


0
Comment actions Permalink


Sascha,

I am not entirely sure why you can't. Everything seems to work over here
with Tomcat. Using Tomcat 5 that is.

What about things are not working? Did you try creating the project from
scratch, the modules from scratch etc...?

R

On 6/4/04 4:47 PM, in article c9qn77$5kc$1@is.intellij.net, "Sascha
Weinreuter" <sascha.weinreuter@NOSPAM-cit.de> wrote:

Same for 2079. Can't use the Tomcat stuff at all because I cannot deploy any
webapp.

Anybody here with a spare moment to think about this and give me a clue?
Thanks.


0
Comment actions Permalink

Robert Sfeir wrote:
>

Sascha,

>

I am not entirely sure why you can't. Everything seems to work over here
with Tomcat. Using Tomcat 5 that is.

>

What about things are not working? Did you try creating the project from
scratch, the modules from scratch etc...?


Thanks Robert. I'm using Tomcat 4.1.30 and I thought I'm missing something essential
that makes the modules show up in the list. Some setting in the module config or whatever.

I swear I've recreated the web modules from scratch at least two times before and didn't
get them to show up. Now I've done it yet again in 2079 and magically they appeared.
Thanks for the hint, this will keep me happy for a while :)

Sascha

PS: IDEA says that it's a 4.0 Tomcat, not 4.1 in the the config screen. Anyone else seeing this?


0
Comment actions Permalink

The only surefire way of having things show up, I've found, is to recreate the module (ie, go through the wizard again, do not point to the existing .iml file)

0
Comment actions Permalink

I'm fairly sure you can't use tomcat 4.1, it's 4.0 or 5.0, not 4.1.

R


On 6/5/04 6:29 AM, in article c9s7cf$r9u$1@is.intellij.net, "Sascha
Weinreuter" <sascha.weinreuter@NOSPAM-cit.de> wrote:

Robert Sfeir wrote:

>>
>> Sascha,
>>
>> I am not entirely sure why you can't. Everything seems to work over here
>> with Tomcat. Using Tomcat 5 that is.
>>
>> What about things are not working? Did you try creating the project from
>> scratch, the modules from scratch etc...?


Thanks Robert. I'm using Tomcat 4.1.30 and I thought I'm missing something
essential
that makes the modules show up in the list. Some setting in the module config
or whatever.

I swear I've recreated the web modules from scratch at least two times before
and didn't
get them to show up. Now I've done it yet again in 2079 and magically they
appeared.
Thanks for the hint, this will keep me happy for a while :)

Sascha

PS: IDEA says that it's a 4.0 Tomcat, not 4.1 in the the config screen. Anyone
else seeing this?


0
Comment actions Permalink

Robert Sfeir wrote:

I'm fairly sure you can't use tomcat 4.1, it's 4.0 or 5.0, not 4.1.


I know, the old story with no debug info for JSP files. But the setup seems to
work properly apart from that (I don't have any JSP files to debug). IDEA should
either recognize it properly or at least give a warning. It's quite confusing if you're
sure you selected a 4.1 directory and get told it is 4.0... ;)

Anyway, I should probably get my hands on 5.0 now. Might make things easier.

Sascha


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

Pallada works with Tomcat 4.1 on Windows but has no ability to debug jsp.

Robert Sfeir wrote:

I'm fairly sure you can't use tomcat 4.1, it's 4.0 or 5.0, not 4.1.

R


On 6/5/04 6:29 AM, in article c9s7cf$r9u$1@is.intellij.net, "Sascha
Weinreuter" <sascha.weinreuter@NOSPAM-cit.de> wrote:

>>Robert Sfeir wrote:
>>
>>>Sascha,
>>>
>>>I am not entirely sure why you can't. Everything seems to work over here
>>>with Tomcat. Using Tomcat 5 that is.
>>>
>>>What about things are not working? Did you try creating the project from
>>>scratch, the modules from scratch etc...?
>>
>>Thanks Robert. I'm using Tomcat 4.1.30 and I thought I'm missing something
>>essential
>>that makes the modules show up in the list. Some setting in the module config
>>or whatever.
>>
>>I swear I've recreated the web modules from scratch at least two times before
>>and didn't
>>get them to show up. Now I've done it yet again in 2079 and magically they
>>appeared.
>>Thanks for the hint, this will keep me happy for a while :)
>>
>>Sascha
>>
>>PS: IDEA says that it's a 4.0 Tomcat, not 4.1 in the the config screen. Anyone
>>else seeing this?
>>
>>




--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Seems Sascha is confused because it calls it Tomcat 4.0 and not 4.1.

R

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

This switch mostly affects the jsp debugging (and if somebody uses
Jasper 1 with Tomcat 4.1 the jsp debugging should work with Tomcat being
recognized as 4.0)

Robert S. Sfeir wrote:

Seems Sascha is confused because it calls it Tomcat 4.0 and not 4.1.

R



--
Best regards,
Maxim Mossienko
IntelliJ Labs / JetBrains Inc.
http://www.intellij.com
"Develop with pleasure!"

0
Comment actions Permalink

Deployment list is empty when module was created for other server integration than run configuration.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.