I just tried the 4.0 release and ended up rolling back to 3.0.5 because of some issues I had. Perhaps some of them were just things I couldn't figure out, so hopefully someone can point out my mistakes if I've done something wrong or missed something :) These are my issues:
1. I really like the web project navigator in 3.0.5, it combines java source files and compiled class files into one single entry in the list. Is there any way to do that with 4.0? All in all, I really think the old web view should be put back in, it was so much less cluttered. Don't me wrong, the new views are nice too, I'd just like to have the old one back too :)
2. Is there any way to make the structure view show the contents of a .java file? I could only get it to work with a .class file. Seems odd to me, the structure view is almost essential for navigating source code without scrolling.
3. None of my JSP files would validate. The errors were all for things like request.getAttribute() or application.getAttribute(). The variables were resolved ok, just they didn't have any methods it seems. They came up with nothing when I tried typing . after them to get the code completion. Have I done something wong here?
4. Why can't JSP files be compiled anymore by hitting CrtlShiftF9? Is validating them the same thing? Do I need to do something special to enable this? I've already configured Tomcat 4.
5. This is really a gripe, but why is the local history wiped out by the upgrade?