webapp debugging in 1071

My webapp debugging is going ridiculously slow in 1071 (~30 seconds per step while locking up the rest of my computer.) I'm not running the webapp from intellij but connecting to it after it has started up. This is using tomcat 5.0.16 and java 1.3.1_03.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Jon

5 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Jon Erdman wrote:

My webapp debugging is going ridiculously slow in 1071 (~30 seconds per step while locking up the rest of my computer.) I'm not running the webapp from intellij but connecting to it after it has started up. This is using tomcat 5.0.16 and java 1.3.1_03.

Is anyone else experiencing this?


Haven't tried this, I'm just curious as to why you're not running it
internally.

R

0
Comment actions Permalink

I just upgraded to tomcat 5 from 4.1 and I guess I was just used to running it separately.

I've also noticed that if you try to debug when the app isn't up, stop it while it's trying to connect, and press debug again intellij seems to lock up.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Jon Erdman wrote:

I just upgraded to tomcat 5 from 4.1 and I guess I was just used to running it separately.

I've also noticed that if you try to debug when the app isn't up, stop it while it's trying to connect, and press debug again intellij seems to lock up.


nice... did you file that stuff?

I don't see a real speed issue here, maybe I should take it through its
paces heavily and try to see what happens.

I do see that setting break points takes a few seconds, wish that was
faster, also a breakpoint seems to consume about 5MB of RAM... what the
heck is it doing for 5MB of ram?

Anyway, I have both those issues filed, so when they get to them,
they'll get to them.

R

0
Comment actions Permalink

I didn't file anything because I'm pretty sure I still have some random tomcat 4.1 stuff floating around somewhere. Might be causing some or all of the problems. I'm still getting a vm hotspot error when I try to start the app in debug mode through intellij.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Jon Erdman wrote:

I didn't file anything because I'm pretty sure I still have some random tomcat 4.1 stuff floating around somewhere. Might be causing some or all of the problems. I'm still getting a vm hotspot error when I try to start the app in debug mode through intellij.

Might be that your project is not setup right. Careful with that, part
of that setup got my web.xml blown out. Might not be the case for you,
but it sure was here. Hopefuly the project I sent Alexey will lead him
to the problem.

R

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.