How to get IDE support extension to work with chrome?

I have exhausted all options to try to get this to work.  If anyone can offer suggestions of what I should be doing, I would greatly appreciate it.

I installed WebStorm and the extension.  I have not found instructions for additional setup requirements, so have not done anything else.

I am using:
Windows 8 x64
WebStorm 6.0.2
Chrome  27.0.1453.116 m
JetBrains IDE Support Chrome extension 1.10

  • When I debug/run, chrome starts, but only on the default page.  It never loads my app.
  • WebStorm pops the following message: "Waiting for connection from JetBrains IDE Support extension for Chrome.  Please ensure you have installed the extension or see Help.
  • The WebStorm console displays: "10:40:48 AM JetBrains IDE Support extension for Chrome: Please ensure that JetBrains IDE Support extension is installed and enabled in Google Chrome."
  • If I inspect the _generated_background_page.html console, there is no output.
  • chrome_debug.log provides the following output.

[9844:4984:0701/114331:VERBOSE1:client_socket_pool_base.cc(65)] Setting g_socket_reuse_policy_penalty_exponent = -1
[9844:4984:0701/114331:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(145)] 02B3AC60: set chrome proxy config service to 02B3AA20
[9844:4984:0701/114331:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(235)] 02B3AC60: Done pushing proxy to UpdateProxyConfig
[9844:4984:0701/114331:VERBOSE1:pref_proxy_config_tracker_impl.cc(145)] 02B3AC60: set chrome proxy config service to 00000000


Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
3 comments

Hello!

may be a port issue. Please, can you attach your idea.log?


Best regards,
Lena

0

Log file attached.  It's logging at DEBUG level, so you should have everything that could be gotten.

The culpret looks to be at line 640, saying it can't connect to the default port
2013-07-02 08:56:56,762 [   4914]   INFO -    #org.jetbrains.io.WebServer - We cannot bind to our default range, so, try to bind to any free port
2013-07-02 08:56:56,763 [   4915]   INFO - jetbrains.ide.WebServerManager - web server started, port 19705


If I change the browser extension to listen to the assigned port, it works, but only for that session, as the next time it starts a debug session, it uses a different port.

If you need anything else, let me know.


Attachment(s):
idea.log.zip
0

Hi Simon,

thanks for details.

WebStorm is trying to open the default port (63342) on startup; if it fails, the next 20 are tried... If all them fail (because of a firewall, anti-virus software, etc.), then the first  free port is occupied - 19705 in your case. The solution here is to use 19705 explicitly instead of the default one  (add -Drpc.port=19705 to bin/WebStorm.exe.vmoptions and configure chrome  extension to use this port)


Best regards,
Lena

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.