I am a new intellij user. I also want to explore the power of intellij.
i wonder if the following is possible:
1. can I debug servlet/jsp on Tomcat 4.1.x? or 5.0? From the document I read, intellij can not. And Do I have to manually start/stop my Tomcat server from some shell? Will Intellij do it for me?
2. can I import a war file to an Intellij project and it will automatically setup the classpath, output path, etc inside the Intellij project? And can I export an Intellij web project to war file?
3. xdoclet support? does intellij provide code assist for xdoclet and automatically runs xdoclet before it builds? Right now, it highlights all xdoclet tag as wrong tag.
4. From the document I read , I have to manually edit the server.xml file before i can debug my web project, can Intelij does it for me automatically? I think eclipse with a tomcat plugins can do that automatically.
5. Can Intellij help me generate the web.xml file automatically? Base on which class I mark as a servlet, which class I mark as a filter e.g. setup the servlet, setup the filter, the url pattern?
6.And when I convert my Intellij project to web project, does Intellij convert my project structure to a war file structure?
I mean, will it create a sub-directory "WEB-INF" under my project directory? create a "lib", "class" directory under the WEB-INF?
Thanks for any feedback.