21 comments
Comment actions Permalink

The only EJB support I can see so far is through the WebLogic integration and that doesn't appear to work at all.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I experienced the same frustration until I realized that the exception traces that I was seeing indicated that weblogic.* was missing. I added weblogic.jar to IDEA's lib directory, and the J2EE view magically appeared.

This should really be added to the FAQ, IMHO.

--Mike Werle

0
Comment actions Permalink

so basically, IDEA supports Weblogic 8.1, not J2ee?

i dont use weblogic!! we use Jboss. help!!

the docs are not clear on this - Intellij, how do i enable J2ee if i'm not using weblogic?

Thanks!!!

0
Comment actions Permalink

I was wondering this myself. You should be able to at least do the old school EJB stuff that 3.x supports.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Trevor wrote:

so basically, IDEA supports Weblogic 8.1, not J2ee?

i dont use weblogic!! we use Jboss. help!!

the docs are not clear on this - Intellij, how do i enable J2ee if i'm not using weblogic?

Thanks!!!


+1 on this, if the EJB support is limited to only WL, we've got a
problem. I don't care that I can't really debug, but certainly having
all EJB support turned on is important. It was there before, let's hope
it's not getting removed.

R

0
Comment actions Permalink

Trevor wrote:

so basically, IDEA supports Weblogic 8.1, not J2ee?

i dont use weblogic!! we use Jboss. help!!

the docs are not clear on this - Intellij, how do i enable J2ee if i'm not using weblogic?

Thanks!!!


I think this is a mistake...Idea shouldn´t be dependent on weblogic.jar...
perhabs next (hopefully soon) eap will fix this :)

pleaazzz

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi there :)

After adding the j2ee.jar to ideas lib the j2ee pane appears.

regards

Anders


"Flemming" <crap@boller.dyndns.dk> wrote in message
news:bl2600$k7f$1@is.intellij.net...

Can anybody help me find the ejb in 939 ?

>
>

thanks

>

flemming

>


0
Comment actions Permalink

Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote:

Hi there :)

After adding the j2ee.jar to ideas lib the j2ee pane appears.

regards

Anders


"Flemming" <crap@boller.dyndns.dk> wrote in message
news:bl2600$k7f$1@is.intellij.net...

>>Can anybody help me find the ejb in 939 ?
>>
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>flemming
>>


Nice.. clever boy :)

0
Comment actions Permalink

Hi,

that didn't work... any other steps?

tks.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I did not add the j2ee.jar to IDEA's lib directory but only have it as a
project library and J2EE support is available!

Michael

Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote:

Hi there :)

After adding the j2ee.jar to ideas lib the j2ee pane appears.

regards

Anders


"Flemming" <crap@boller.dyndns.dk> wrote in message
news:bl2600$k7f$1@is.intellij.net...

>>Can anybody help me find the ejb in 939 ?
>>
>>
>>thanks
>>
>>flemming
>>



0
Comment actions Permalink

Uh, not working here. I tried both plunking j2ee.jar into IDEA's lib directory and adding it as a library to my project but no j2ee pane, no ejb settings, nada anywhere that I can see. Does something else need to be set up?

You're talking about Sun's j2ee.jar, yes? Or is there something else?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Yes, the standard j2ee.jar from SUN. I was missing the J2EE tab first as
well. I am not sure if I just did not see it or if it was not there for
some reason when I first opened my project with the new build. Since
then however it has never been missing.

Just in case: the tab is at the bottom.

Michael

Andrew Langton wrote:

Uh, not working here. I tried both plunking j2ee.jar into IDEA's lib directory and adding it as a library to my project but no j2ee pane, no ejb settings, nada anywhere that I can see. Does something else need to be set up?

You're talking about Sun's j2ee.jar, yes? Or is there something else?


0
Comment actions Permalink

Hmm funny.

I also activated the weblogic deployment, maybe thats the "magic" step.
Actually I've just tried it on a new project and that seems to be the magic
step.

So the step that works for me is:
1. Add j2ee to the project (it isn't nessecary to add it to the idea lib)
2. Enable the bea weblogic integrations
3. Close the project
4. Voila. After opening the project again its there. Down to the left and in
the window menu.

regards

Anders

"Trevor" <trevor.samaroo@gs.com> wrote in message
news:21413664.1064671131208.JavaMail.itn@is.intellij.net...

Hi,

>

that didn't work... any other steps?

>

tks.



0
Comment actions Permalink

Updated the j2ee modules setup in the wiki.

http://www.intellij.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/J2EEModulesSetup

regards

Anders

"Flemming" <crap@boller.dyndns.dk> wrote in message
news:bl2600$k7f$1@is.intellij.net...

Can anybody help me find the ejb in 939 ?

>
>

thanks

>

flemming

>


0
Comment actions Permalink

doh!...got the panel to appear, but its not usable at all. almost every action results in an exception. maybe next build...

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for the clarifications, I managed to make the J2EE tab to appear.
Now how does one enable the EJB support for existing EJB modules, it seems
IDEA allows you only to create new modules for the moment.

Am I missing something?

Thx,
Andrei

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:41:00 +0200, Anders Holmbech Nielsen wrote:

Updated the j2ee modules setup in the wiki.

http://www.intellij.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/J2EEModulesSetup

regards

Anders

"Flemming" <crap@boller.dyndns.dk> wrote in message
news:bl2600$k7f$1@is.intellij.net...

>> Can anybody help me find the ejb in 939 ?
>>
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> flemming
>>
>>

0
Comment actions Permalink

I tried all steps as specified and could not get the J2EE pane to come up. I'm using build 957.
Rob

0
Comment actions Permalink

Rob, if you add sun's j2ee.jar to your project, it will show up as a tab in the project pane. then i think you cut and paste your existing ejb-jar.xml to the new one (you have to create a new one, apparently....bug?)
anyways, i did that and my ejb's showed up...

havent tried creating new beans of modifying any existing ones yet...i'm hoping it will work though.

0
Comment actions Permalink

I tried that as well, to no avail. :(

0
Comment actions Permalink

You need to enable the App Server Integration in the project properties.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Ok, I've finally enabled it. Wow.
Too bad it doesn't recognize all my EJBs... :(

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.