RegexPlugin provides a dynamic environment in which you can test out
Version 6.0 provides a number of bug fixes as well some UI tweaks that
hopefully make the UI a bit clearer.
to go through the edit-compile-test cycle just to see how it matches.
somewhat easier to keep track of what parenthesis is paired with which.
expression comments. This makes it so much easier to write readable
expressions - there really is no excuse to bunch everything into one
unintelligible line any longer. Java supports better, and so should
saved in a library for future access and reference.
escaped java string - saving you the error prone job of escaping
regex and converting it to it's unescaped form for use in the plugin.
Changes since version 5.11
- Added toolbar buttons to create a new regex and delete the current
one. This makes the library handling a little more convenient.
- Added the option to show labels for the toolbar buttons that refer
to regex flags. I can never keep track of which icon represents
which completely abstract concept. This is a menu option. I wasn't
able to work out how best to do this dynamically so right now you
have to restart so see this change.
- Changed the way copy and paste happens in the regex editor so that
you can copy segments of the regular expression and paste them back
to the editor without having them changed to java strings.
- Added support for Paste Simple (in Idea) allowing for a regex string
to be pasted in as plain text rather than escaped as usual.
- Fixed the fonts used in the plugin so that they are fixed pitch
again (I think that one of the IntelliJ IDEA releases changed the
- Fix plugin so that it saves its state to the workspace rather than
the project file.
- Fixed the copy code so that it it copies that part of the regular
expression that has been selected.
- Changed the reference card pane so that there are closers on the
- Removed the popup reference window. I really don't think that it was
useful particularly because it can go behind the main IDEA window.
- Fixed a race condition (null pointer exception) in the stand alone
- Added icons to menu.
- Fixed a bug that could cause the regex library to get corrupted.
As usual, let me know about any problems you encounter, and thanks to
all of you who've given feedback on the previous version.
Comments are very welcome.