This is not my day. All I have is frustration so far.
I have the Bitbucket 1.1.10 plugin installed.
1. Go to Settings > Bitbucket (under IDE) enter login info and click "Test". Everything is fine.
2. No go to Settings > Plugins (under IDE), select Bitbucket from the list.
3. Click "Browser repositories".
4. At this point you get a "List of plugins was not loaded error". Ignore it by clicking "Cancel"
5. Click on the Bitbucket plugin in the list and click "Manage Repositories" button.
6. In the dialog select any of the added repos then click the pencil icon to edit it.
7. In the "Edit Repository" dialog, click "Check Now".
8. You get a "Connection failed" error.
This is really frustrating. How is it possible that when you check the connection as outlined in step #1 above, the connection is fine, but when you check it through the plugin there is a connection error.
Obviously there is a problem somewhere.