I'm pretty new to WebStorm/PhpStorm and just discovered an (at least to me) unusual behaviour:
In short I'm not able to navigate through all open files/tabs by pressing Ctrl+Tab multiple times. Let me explain this a little more detailed with an example:
- I'm currently working in Main.js
- The file i was most recently working in is Messaging.js
- Press Ctrl+Tab: The switcher screen appears as seen above
- I'd expect the IDE to switch to the recently used file (Messaging.js) if I release Ctrl+Tab right now (not the next one in the list!)
That's exactly what happens. So far I'm happy ;)
- Here's the problem:Unfortunately this is not possible. I'd have to use the mouse or the cursors to navigate inside the switcher-dialog which feels pretty cumbersome to me.
I'd expect the IDE to be able to navigate through all other open files/tabs by pressing the tab-key multiple times as long as the switcher-dialog is open (and the alt-key is still pressed).
Is this default behaviour by the IDE or did i discover a bug? Because of the fact that the expected behaviour is pretty much standard in most windows and non-windows applications (Alt+Tab in Windows itself, Ctrl+Tab in Firefox, Chrome, Visual Studio, Eclipse, ...) I'm a little surprised that JetBrains handles this differently.
I'd really love some feetback on this and am going to fill a feature request if no one responds here.
1 more things:
- I already discovered the TabSwitch-Plugin which does not open the recently used file after pressing Ctrl+Tab once but opens the next one in the list and additionaly it doesn't show the other tabs (like Project, Favorites, Database, ...) at all. Therefore this doesn't seem like a real alternative to me.