Server: Centos 6
Server Location: Web Host/Remote/sftp
phpStorm Project setup: Created project from existing files located on my remote web server
- Xdebug installed: 2.2.1
- Server API: Apache 2.0 Handler
- Windows: no
- Zend Server: no
- PHP Version: 5.3.3
- Zend API nr: 220090626
- PHP API nr: 20090626
- Debug Build: no
- Thread Safe Build: no
- Configuration File Path: /etc
- Configuration File: /etc/php.ini
- Extensions directory: /usr/lib64/php/modules
- zend_extension ="/usr/lib64/php/modules/xdebug.so"
- ;xdebug.remote_host=(ip to my server (the one that takes me to my server if I type it into the browser address bar)
- ;xdebug.idekey = "PHPSTORM"
Note that some lines are commented out. That's just a result of me playing around with the settings for two days. I tried a lot of combinations.
Note also I tried placing my ip as well.
- I am using a static IP on my local computer and port 9000 is forwarded and opened.
- No firewalls are operating right now
When I click on the start to listen to debug button on phpstorm and then I navigate to my page and using the bookmark generated from here, I return to phpstorm and... Well nothing. It does nothing. It just sits there. Still listening. Breakpoints are set. Simple echo line. My chrome app Xdebug helper tells me xdebug is enabled on the page.
I looked at every tutorial on the net, I believe, on doing this. What am I doing wrong?