unable to hit breakpoint using PHPStorm/XAMPP

I'm unable to get my IDE to hit breakpoints. I have looked at various postings and nothing seems to work for me. This is my environment:

PhpStorm 4.0.3
XAMPP 3.0.12 (I used to be running an older version and didn't work then so I upgraded just in case, but that didn't help)
Windows 7
Everything is running local
I can access the application by going http://localhost:8080 or http://local.xxx.net:8080
I set a couple of breakpoints a obvious places in login and logout of my application

PhpInfo/XDebug:
PHP Version 5.4.4
Version    2.2.0
IDE Key    Julio
xdebug.remote_autostart        Off    Off
xdebug.remote_connect_back    Off    Off
xdebug.remote_cookie_expire_time 3600    3600
xdebug.remote_enable        Off    Off
xdebug.remote_host        localhost localhost
xdebug.remote_port        9000    9000


I tried two types of Debug Configurations and neither worked:
1) PHP Web Application
Server: local.xxxx.net
Start url: /

2) PHP Remote Debug
Server: local.xxxx.net
Ide key: Julio

I tried both with and without the "Start/Stop Listen PHP Debug Connection" and that made no difference

In both cases the Debugger console shows:
Waiting for incoming connection with the ide key 'xxxx' for (1) and 'Julio' for (2)

The browser is launched on (1) and I could see the XDEBUG_SESSION string, but no breakpoints are hit

Any ideas. I'm stuck

thanks

2 comments
Comment actions Permalink

Hi Julio,

Please check these links (first one in particular):

  1. http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/WI/Xdebug+installation+guide
  2. http://confluence.jetbrains.net/display/WI/Zero-Configuration+debugging+with+PhpStorm+2.0


From what I see the problem might be in xdebug.remote_enable -- it should be 1/true/on and not 0/false/off like you have there ( http://xdebug.org/docs/all_settings#remote_enable ; http://xdebug.org/docs/remote )

P.S.
Do not forget to restart Apache after making changes to php.ini.

0
Comment actions Permalink

Thanks for you response.
Definitely setting the

xdebug.remote_enable=1 made a little bit of a difference.


After a few tries, the debugger did hit the breakpoint.

My problem now is that after hitting the breakpoint, I resumed, and again, the browser just sit there, nothing happened.

The debugger console says again: Waiting for incoming connection with the ide key 'xxxx'

The Resume button on the left turned from green to gray, but the browser didn't proceed.
0

Please sign in to leave a comment.