while debugging a PHP - script (now a web application based on ZF 1, local Apache webserver on Ubuntu 9.04) and trying to analyze the value of a variable I'm getting the following behaviour:
- setting a breakpoint is possible (the flow stops)
- moving the cursor above a variable (to analyze the value) or dropping the value in the 'watching - window' the control flow often (not always) continues suddenly until the end of the request and debugging isn't possible anymore
- this happens in various debug configurations (Web Application, PHP HTTP request or single PHP script)
- I'm using the latest phpStorm version with xDebug Configuration (was the same with version 3)
- I'm more experienced with IntelliJ or Python (pyCharm) and I never encountered the same behaviour there
(I skimmed through various descriptions how to debug PHP applications but my impression is that a lot of people are struggling with it - PHP debugging seems not to be a simple case....)
Any advice or hint?