Cannot add Redmine server

When I try to add a Redmine server (Under Settings/Tasks/Servers) in PhpStorm 3.0.1, I get the error message: Error on line 1: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId. when I click on Test. I have entered the URL for Redmine, my username/password, project ID and API token, but I always get the error. Any help would be appreciated!

11 comments

What Redmine version are you using?

0

I have tried it with both Redmine 1.2 and 1.3 and get the same error message on both. I am running Redmine on an Ubuntu 10.04 server.

0

I'm also experiencing the same problem, however I'm using an old version of redmine (Redmine 1.0.1.stable (MySQL)), provided by debian 6.0 (squeeze).

0

Could you please post screenshot with your settings?

0

Hi,

Here are my settings, both PhpStorm & Redmine

Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 10.53.19 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-02-24 at 10.53.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-02-24 at 10.54.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2012-02-24 at 10.55.04 AM.png

Hope that helps, feel free to ask more.

Thanks

0

Do you have REST enabled in RedMine configuration?
https://img.skitch.com/20120224-dn47fckfrtqsuw8d4s877qkkis.png
Does it show this error if you enable HTTP authentication in PhpStorm?

0

My settings are basically the same as Boris's. I have REST enabled and see the error. If I turn on HTTP Authentication, I still see the same error message.

0

Hi,

Here are the screenshot of Redmine configured with Resful API (sorry it's in french, but well, you got it)

I get the same error with "Use HTTP Authentication" enabled.

Screen Shot 2012-02-24 at 4.02.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2012-02-24 at 5.41.23 PM.png

0

I just updated to PhpStorm V4.0.1 and the same problem still occurs. :-(

0

Same problem here, PhpStorm 4, latest Redmine.

Googled around a bit, PhpStorm stacktrace said:

    Caused by:
    org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.


... and google said:

    Typically this happens when your endpoint is returning an html error page.

Which gave me the idea that HTTP Basic Auth is interfering. True that, as soon as I removed .htaccess from Redmine, the connection succeeded. The error message should be a bit more informative on why the connection failed.
0

This fixed it! I did have a .htaccess file protecting a development site by username/password authentication. Rather than remove the .htaccess file, I modified it to allow access by specific IPs (like my PC) without having to login. Now Redmine access from PhpStorm works fine. Thanks for determining this was a .htaccess problem!

Jim

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.