I'm trying to set up a workflow roughly as follows:-
- clone remote git repo to a local directory
- sync those local files with a local (ie same filesystem) apache docroot
- have those two local directories stay in sync whenever I edit a file (in the cloned git repo)
- sync changes back to a remote server when I need to test on that server (or deploy)
I've got 1-3 working perfectly, but I can't figure out how to sync to the remote server.
- I can do deployment->upload to, which works fine, but takes forever as it seems to be re-uploading everything.
- Right clicking on a file/dir in project files and selecting 'sync' doesn't seem to do anything
- Right clicking on a file/dir in the remote host also takes a long time, gives me more detail than I normally want, and doesn't seem to just give me a simple way to mirror local files to remote
So, currently I use a shell rsync command to do the sync which works perfectly and takes only a few seconds to run... but isn't in PHP Storm and means I have to set up rsync scripts for any syncs I want to do.
Is there a simple way to achieve this in PHPStorm, so I can just right click on a file/dir in a project and have the appropriate remote host quickly mirror my local files?