I was testing PHPStorm and am exited but wasn't sure if I would buy PHPStorm or the whole package.
I knew from this sites that PHPStorm is a subset of IntelliJ, but I was afraid of upgrading to test IntelliJ, beause I didn't want to spend a whole day at reconfiguring yet another workspace.
So I was looking for information on how to upgrade from PHPStorm to IntelliJ and couldn't find any - and now I know why: its a breeze. 10minutes and you work as you did in PHPStorm.
FYI: you install IntelliJ in a new directory, open it and choose open project and the path to your project and thats almost it - you find yourself in the exact same environement you were when you closed PHPStorm.
The only thing that is left: You have to install the respective plugins you used in PHPStorm and configure deployment:
In my case this was:
1. Tools/Deployment/Configuration -> same as in PHPStorm
2. Tools/XDebug proxy -> same as in PHPStorm (IDEkey form PHP.ini, host as in deployment, Port as in PHP.ini)
3. Install CSSX-extension: Settings/Plugins/tab:Available-> rightclick on CSSX-> install - restart
4. copy some of the IDESettings: in my case: from Johannes/.WebIde10/colors to Johannes/.IntelliJIdea10/config/colors, same for all custom settings you made to the IDE like codestyle, keymaps. I didnt dare to copy plugins-> you might be better off installing them like I described above
5. select the appropriate schemes in the settings dialog (e.g. Settings/Editor/Colors&fonts -> scheme name-dropdown)
The whole process took me less time than it took me to write it up ...
Hope this helps someone