On a clean install of Win7 x64 with Java SE 6u25 x64, PhpStorm 2.1 EAP build 106.550 will not traverse a directory properly on drag-n-drop. To reproduce the problem, to the following:
- Clean install of Win7 x64
- Install Java SE 6u25 x64
- Install PhpStorm 2.1 EAP build 106.550
- Start PhpStorm
- On the Quick Start page, click on Open Directory.
- Drag-n-drop a new directory on the Select Page dialog.
- PhpStorm just hangs (spining timer).
- Press Cancel.
- On the Quick Start page, click on Open Directory again.
- Manually navigate to the folder and open the directory.
- Once, it has opened, PhpStorm should automatically be able to find it next time on drag-n-drop.
This behaviour is not noticed in Java SE 6u24 x64.