Playing with the 2.0 preview since some hours...
I'm not sure if its a bug.. Often there is a very hight CPU usage over minutes.
I have attached a memory snapshot...
- I miss some default "Live Templates" for PHP (while, for, foreach, function, class,...) for a commercial PHP IDE this should be bundled
- Same with some shipped default themes (darker themes etc.)
- The settings page is very large (IMHO a bit too much options).. May be it would be better to have a basic and expert view, so the user will not be messed with 1million options ;)
- Database console needs some polish and error corrections: If I try to modify an entry in a result view, I get an error that a primary key was missing. Using directly the SQL input console works without problems...
- Some keybindings- with "Alt" are a bit problematic under Linux (Gnome/Compiz) like Strg-Alt-L which will start the login-screen in Gnome and is also the key to format the file in PhpStorm ;)
You are on the right way to bring the top and most recommended PHP IDE. Most features, the working flow etc. can hold the candle without problems to Netbeans or Zend/PDT and are often miles ahead. B-)
This big CPU usage is everytime when settings are changed. Opening settings again (eg. not from the toolbar but from the main menu) will stop the CPU usage but only for this time. (JDK: 1.6.0_22)
Nachricht geändert durch Frank Arnold