There are times I work at home. For this I've setup a SSH tunnel to the server at my work. Through this tunnel I can open and edit all my PHP files directly at the webserver. Via the same tunnel I can directly open the website in my browser. Although it is a bit slower than doing my work at the office the speed is more than adequate and the whole system works like a charm.
But some strange thing is happening and I don't know what it is:
- I've opened a project in PhpStorm, via the SSH tunnel
- I'm editing a file
- Then press save
- Immediatly switch (Alt+Tab) to my browser and hit F5
- the new changes are visible in less then half a second (wow!)
- Then I switch back to PhpStorm...
- ... and it's still busy saving the file?!
During save you can't work in PhpStorm because the windows is locked (not responding). It seems like it is still saving the file, but the server is already updated with the new version, so the upload is definitly finished.
I am wondering what is happening after I press the save button. Maybe some other communication with the server? Is there a way to get this information?