I love phpstorm. But I am still struggling to get xdebug set up. I hvae read all the tutorials and posts and still need some help.
Here is my setup.
- I have a remote development server (192.168.5.35) set up in our internal network. I have installed xdebug on that server. It is working. It shows in my phpinfo(). It is creating cachegrind files nicely.
- The domain name (internal) for the site is http://jaen.com
- I develop on my desktop (192.168.5.100).
- I have created a project from existing files that are on the dev server. I am able to connect via drive mapping but have actually created a local copy of the php files.
- My php server settings: Name: JAEN Host: http://jaen.com, port: 80, debugger: xdebug
- Where does the xdebug run from, the development server or my desk top? When I go to Settings | PHP the Interpreter only shows php installations on my local desktop computer. When I attempt to debug, it runs my local php.
I want to be able to debug the code that is on the dev server and have it feed back into phpstorm.
I would appreciate any suggestions.