I felt adventurous today, so I installed IntelliJ 90.137. After a quick download, and an even quicker install (on Mac OS Snow Leopard), I ran IntelliJ, and everything looked nice. Except for the indexing part. The indexer indexed my Java 1.6 JDK approximately 7 times, cause my project to be valid, invalid, no valid, ehmm, invalid...I decided to give it a rest, and after a couple of minutes (argh) the indexer stopped. I went to the options screen, to see which nice things were added, and when going to the 'file types' part, my IDE got stuck in the option screen. Nothing worked anymore, and the only way to get out of the screen was by killing IntelliJ.
The second time I started IntelliJ, the indexing took place again, but after that, I started browsing through my source code. However, each time I click a source file, I see a spinning loader (or something) really annoying. It pops up, and goes away. The I started clicking through some POM's, and IntelliJ started a background indexing process....again!!! argh! Mind you, this is a 'project' with 20 source files in it, and 3 pom's, but currently, IntelliJ takes around 100% of my CPU time, doing...well, I have no idea what it is doing. I wanted to send a heap dump or something, but I forgot how to do it, and I cannot find the information to do so.
My plan was to give some constructive feedback, but my current experience with IntelliJ 90.137 doesn't allow me to give any feedback and I don't have time to work around all these issues. I hope the next release will work better, then I'll might try again. For now, back to IntelliJ 8.1.3!