I am developing an Intellij plugin (tutorials) which shows the current git branch in the notification. Below are the steps I followed to develop the plugin.
- Create a plugin project, add JDK and IntelliJ SDK. Add IntelliJ source to the SDK.
- Make the project
- Debug the plugin, it opens up a new instance of Intellij IDE where I open the new project and I can see the notification of the current git branch. Till now I can debug the plugin properly.
Now I did few of the code changes, saved and make the plugin again. Now If I debug the plugin
- the changes are not being picked up.
- The debug lines are referring to older code only though there is not old code present in the IDE as I already modified the code.
- Even the exceptions thrown at some particular line is wrong as I can see if I click the exception prone lines it takes me to completely different line (blank line, closing curly brace etc. i.e some random lines)
I appreciate your help.