I use PHPStorm & DataGrip.
I wonder if it's possible, to open a string from PHPStorm in external editor (DataGrip)?
This is something I have in mind:
- Place the cursor inside some SQL string
- From some context menu / keyboard shortcut invoke some activity
- String opens in a new document in DataGrip (connected to some database)
- Edit the SQL string in DataGrip (run it a couple of times while editing, see results, debug, etc.)
- Save in DataGrip. SQL string in PHPStorm gets updated with an edited version from DataGrip.
Writing SQL's and debugging them via web/console by invoking the whole PHP (not only PHP) thing is a hassle.
This would work very well out of the box with PDO that's using prepared statements with arguments in format like :userId, :postId.