I have begun writing a plugin to add to the Swift support in appCode. I picked a few features just for the sake of proving out that the plugin was possible, and I will show them. But I would like the community to make requests for things to implement. There are so many things that can be done, so I'd like to get a read on what people would find useful.
As it stands right now. I have only a few features.
- Additional syntax highlighting for optionals and optional operators
- Variable Read/Write highlighting
- Remove unneeded parenthesis from if statement intention
- Convert closure parameter to trailing closure syntax intention.
- Unneeded return in closure inspection (with QuickFix)
Anyone wishing to contribute can do so on my GitHub repo: https://github.com/sylvanaar/appCode-Swift-Extensions
Heres a screenshot of the convert to trailing syntax intention.
Here is an example of optional highlighting: (Bold + Italic = Implicitly Unwrapped Optional, Underlined = Optional)
You can see right now there is a bug in how appCode resolves as! casts.
Here's the unneeded return inspection: