I've been having problems with the folder content of symlinks (NTFS on OSX) not updating.
I've discovered that the "Synchronise '<folder>'" menu item solves this, but I want to know why, as some of my build scripts are failing as I have a chain of dependencies from different projects / watch tasks running.
So, my questions:
- Why does the latest folder content not always show?
- Are symlinks treated differently?
- Do symlinks behave, inherently, differently?
- Should I be using hard links / junction points (not sure if available on NTFS on OSX) i.e. would they be kept updated?
- Anything else I need to know of?