I want to confirm the following behavior and get a workaround, if possible:
- Open project managed by git
- Create two tasks, each task must have own branch
- Create a file in the first task and commit; leave file window open
- Switch to other task
- Switch back to first task
After p.5 I observe the following:
- PhpStorm re-opens windows for the first task
- It tries to open file created in p.3 above, but fails
- It does "git checkout" -- the file is now available, but no window is open
So, if file exists in one branch only, its window won't be restored upon task switching.
Can anyone confirm this behavior? Is there a workaround? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Any help is appreciated.