Component is not includd in a module and will not be available inside a template

I am running an Angular 6.03 project in WebStorm 2018.1.4. A number of my component files have a red squiggly line and when I open them up and navigate to them, I see the error:

 

ng: Component xxx is not included in a module and will not be available inside a template. Consider adding it to a NgModule declaration.

 

This is really distracting because at any given time, a number of my components have this error. If I erase the 't' at the end of the @Component decorator, wait a second, and then type it back - the error goes away.

 

I tried other things I found on the Internet, namely setting Settings | Languages & Frameworks | Typescript | TypeScript Language Service - Recompile on Changes to true. I also set the compileOnSave attribute in my tsconfig to true. Neither resolves it.

 

Can you provide some guidance?

 

Thanks,

Andrew

5 comments

Error comes from Angular language service (https://github.com/angular/angular/issues/14961). You can disable it by clearing Angular language service checkbox in Settings | Languages & Frameworks | Typescript

0

Ok...thanks... but what am I giving up when I do that? I read up on the Angular Language Service here:

https://angular.io/guide/language-service

According to this, I should lose all Intellisense in my component templates - but I'm not losing it. I'm assuming WebStorm helping out here? What should I be aware of when I turn this off?

 

0

Angular intellisense in component templates is provided by WebStorm itself; Angular language service is used for additional linting only (not all Angular template problems reported by service are found by Webstorm static code analysis)

0

Not sure why this is being handled so dismissively. This is an issue that I am also encountering with an Ionic v4 + Angular v6 project and have not seen this before even though In was using Angular 6 and Typescript just fine before now. Moreover,  I am seeing this in IntelliJ IDEA and expect a lot more from a premium IDE than to be throwing bogus errors and providing annoyances in my development environment. Giving up any degree of linting is simply not a solution that seems acceptable to me, since I use linting extensively and find it useful in proactive debugging 

0

it's an issue with a third-party service that can't be fixed on the IDE end

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.