Deployment: Adding Server is not working!

Under Build, Deployment > Deployment I try to add a new server:

  1. I hit the green button (as always for years).
  2. Then I enter a name and choose FTP or whatever, it doesn't matter for the issue.
  3. Then I hit Ok
  4. and .... nothing happens!!!

I uploaded a youtube movie to make things clear..... 

I am on a Windows 10 x64 and PhPstorm is:

PhpStorm 2017.3.4
Build #PS-173.4548.32, built on January 30, 2018
Licensed to Daniel Gasser
Subscription is active until July 1, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1024-b11 amd64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Windows 10 10.0

8 comments

Hi there,

Please check if there is anything in the idea.log file (Help | Show Log in XX)

0

I'm only posting the latest entry after retrying:
2018-03-06 11:00:42,221 [ 100999] ERROR - pplication.impl.LaterInvocator - PhpStorm 2017.3.4 Build #PS-173.4548.32
2018-03-06 11:00:42,221 [ 100999] ERROR - pplication.impl.LaterInvocator - JDK: 1.8.0_152-release
2018-03-06 11:00:42,221 [ 100999] ERROR - pplication.impl.LaterInvocator - VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
2018-03-06 11:00:42,221 [ 100999] ERROR - pplication.impl.LaterInvocator - Vendor: JetBrains s.r.o
2018-03-06 11:00:42,221 [ 100999] ERROR - pplication.impl.LaterInvocator - OS: Windows 10
2018-03-06 11:00:42,221 [ 100999] ERROR - pplication.impl.LaterInvocator - Last Action: ShowSettings
2018-03-06 11:00:49,847 [ 108625] INFO - ide.actions.ShowFilePathAction -
Exit code 1

0

So .. nothing in the log.

1) Will it work in brand new project? if yes -- try deleting your .idea subfolder (while project is closed) and recreate it from scratch.

2) Try disabling all 3rd party (not bundled by default) plugins

3) Anything special about that project location, like network disk, symlink, Google Drive (or alike) sync etc?

No other ideas.

0

1) Nope!

2) Only uglify.js is installed, no other plugins

3) The location is C:\Dev\Web\......

Anyway, thx for your time! I think I try to reinstall PhPstorm, I'll keep you updated

0

So, apparently I've got the wrong JRE package installed. A fresh install (after uninstalling PhPStorm and running CCleaner) AND downloading the JetBrains Java package on installation did the trick!

0

>So, apparently I've got the wrong JRE package installed

That's odd .. because everything looks fine from your About info:

  1. I've got the same versions (IDE, OS and Java)
  2. You are using 64-bit JDK on 64-bit Windows -- it comes bundled with IDE so no additional download/installation is needed.
    IDE offers to download 32-bit JDK if you with to run IDE using 32-bit launcher .. or if you are on 32-bit Windows.

How did you install previous version? Was it in-place upgrade (via patch), or unzipping from archive .. or was it fresh installation into an empty folder?

But it's all working now -- which is the important part.

0

2) Just downloaded it from jetbrains, fresh install into an empty folder on a freshly installation of windows .... even the SSD was out of the box ;-)

... did nothing special... Maybe some (stupid) Windows update did something wrong (wouldn't be the first time, windows is messing up things) .... donno ... But as you said, it's all working now, so

thx again for your precious time

0

hi mates,

I have had the exact same problem with the exact same versions, except I was using CLion,

I was able to figure out what the problem was and to fix it.

server passwords are kept in a file called c.kdbx, located in a folder named "config" under the IDE home directory (C:\Users\[username]\.CLion2018.1 for my CLion but similar for all intelliJ based IDEs, just switch to it's name and version).

I found the file to be corrupted and thus the IDE could not use any feature that required the password store. I deleted it and the problem went away (of course all saved passwords were lost, but since the file was already corrupted, I guess I have lost them anyways)

Cheers,

Iddo.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.