SBT imports NOT in External Libraries on Existing Projects

The issue I have is with a particular scala project of mine when it comes to using the imports from my .sbt file. What I expect to happen is when I open up my project by selecting Open > New Project > Select my SBT, is that my dependencies are loaded as per usual and everything outlines in my SBT file can be found in the project's External Libraries.

When I do import the project I am prompted to update the SBT it indicates that its updating everything and pulling from the SBT sources, but in reality it does not actually reflect any imported items (which also leaves my build.sbt file to have red-underline items as these libraries have not been imported).

A sample of the External Libraries:

A sample from my build.sbt:



I have tested the exact same project on a colleague's machine with working results, so I am not sure if there's anything I have configured incorrectly. We compared but everything looks exactly the same.

Cleaning, compiling and running the SBT in terminal works 100% - and this issue does NOT persist when I create a new Scala project.

I've tested with the following:

IntelliJ IDEA 2018.1.1 (Ultimate Edition)
Build #IU-181.4445.20, built on April 2, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1136-b27 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
macOS 10.13.3
Scala Plugin 2018.1.8
scala v2.12.4
SBT 1.1.1
4 comments
Comment actions Permalink

If you found a solution to this I would love to hear it

1
Comment actions Permalink

I experience the same trouble when the project is located on a Case-Sensitive Volume with IntelliJ not defaulted to case-sensitivity - maybe that's your problem?

0
Comment actions Permalink

@Svbyogibear 

Same problem ;(

Have you found a solution ?

0
Comment actions Permalink

Playtowin19 I had to rollback my version of SBT to the last working version when I had this issue - I had to google a bit as this needed to correlate with the version of Scala that I had used before (I can't recall what exactly it was since this was ages ago).

Basically, you need to target an older version of Scala/SBT. I eventually got it working rolling it forward by manually downloading a specific version of SBT and pointing to that in the IDE. As far as I know this shouldn't be an issue anymore (laaater everything was updated again) but it could be that the same issue is cropping up again.

Easiest would be is to rollback to the last working versions you had. Roll forward once there's been some fixes released and I suggest reporting it as an issue.

0

Please sign in to leave a comment.