Undefined step reference in feature file for Cucumber

steps in feature file are highlighted because of undefined reference to steps but I have wrote the step definitions for related to the steps.

but when I run the test the feature steps are working fine with step definitions just the problem is I am unable to navigate though feature files to step definitions.


really appreciate any help from anyone.



What Cucumber.js version do you use? what do your step definitions look like, what files/folders are they defined in?


I am using webdriverIO with npm so I have everything in package.json .

and step definitions are in type script. and I glued them in wdio.conf.js.

they were working fine till I upgraded webstorm. 

may be this is problem with plugins or something like that.


Unfortunately WebStorm provides not support for writing Cucumber.js tests in TypeScript. Please vote for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-22516 and https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-29665 to be notified on any progress with TypeScript support


But they were working before and from couple of days they just started behaving like that.

So, you are saying there is no way that we can fix it from IDE.



>But they were working before 

it's strange, as Typescript had never been supported... Please can you share a project I can use to recreate the issue (the one that was working for you)?





sorry I cant.
but I worked on that project for 6 months and for the whole time they worked nicely .

now I just moved to another project and created a new framework and everything was going good till this week Monday but from Tuesday I started getting that un-referenced error.

but the following link is the same framework I am using and in this framework my friend has defined steps in js but they are also having same undefined error problem.



This app uses Cucumber 3 that is not yet supported - https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/WEB-30241

As, according to you, things used to work for you, your problem must be different


Yeah I think the problem must be something else. I don't know what the problem is because I have checked each and every plugin and node modules needed for that framework but the same thing is happening. 




Please sign in to leave a comment.