Plugin Menu Issues Webstorm 2018.2 Update Follow
Hi and once again upgrade brings the pain. You had straightened out the plugin menus a while back but now it is doing having problems again. I have a NetSuite Tools Plugin that I use prolifically all the time. Now the symptoms are random items in the submenu are just not there. Also, A Git menu that I had moved to the top of the menu tree is grayed out, while at the same time I can reach it from the main menus at the top of the IDE. Both of these are happening on the "Project View Popup Menu". Finally, the last thing is on the recent menus. I open several environments at the same time once every day. I do this to move from project to project but also to pull code from one project to the next. I used to open the IDE to the first project and use the recent menu to open the other projects. The recent menu would subtract the projects that have already been opened and keep the remaining in order as to the order that the IDEs were closed the last time when I shut down for the day. Now items I have already opened appear and disappear as I am opening each project and the order now also changes as I am doing this, making it very hard to keep track of what is already opened. You seem to have adopted the MS approach to user testing that is really starting to piss me off, the end users should not be the ones discovering OBVIOUS bugs. I still have a bug in the toolbar that is now going on 2 years. Every time I followed instructions from JetBrains on the fix, it would fail and they would tell me to wait for the next upgrade, that same instruction was given to me at least 3 times. Telling me you had no idea what was wrong but had other cases to work on.
I can't get a screen shot as it is a popup menu and goes away with focus change.
Build #WS-182.3684.70, built on July 20, 2018
Licensed to Gerald Klein
Subscription is active until November 13, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1248-b8 amd64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Please sign in to leave a comment.
>I have a NetSuite Tools Plugin that I use prolifically all the time. Now the symptoms are random items in the submenu are just not there
please can you elaborate on this? Why do you think that this is the IDE issue and not a problem with the plugin itself?
>A Git menu that I had moved to the top of the menu tree is grayed out, while at the same time I can reach it from the main menus at the top of the IDE
did you change it in Settings | Appearance & Behavior | Menus and Toolbars? What location did you move it to? Please attach screenshots that show up the issue
>Now items I have already opened appear and disappear as I am opening each project and the order now also changes as I am doing this, making it very hard to keep track of what is already opened.
please vote for https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-192419; looks like a result of fixing https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-188321
It's not the plugin this has happened before and now it's back. The plugin hasn't been updated for quite some time.
The git menu I moved over a year ago. Further, as I said it shows in the application menus up top and works fine. This also appeared immediately after an upgrade that I did before I posted this.
and last but not least yes, it appears this is the same problem that I am having and could have been caused by the update you referenced. What makes the problem worse is that the order changes and some entries are not there and than the next time they are. This fix applies to a different view than what was updated for the issue you cited, apparently, they are siphoning data from the same place. For the view I am using (recents) I think the way it originally worked makes more sense.
Oh and as I wrote in my original post because it is a popup menu I cannot get screen shots as the focus changes and the menu disappears
Now I find that certain dependencies are no longer validated. In other words, the IDE is no longer recognizing certain library dependencies. Namely in this case where it does recognize "underscore" functions it no longer recognizes functions that have been added using the "underscore" mixin function. This function allows you to add your own methods to the underscore namespace. Please give me instructions to roll back to the last version I will try an upgrade down the road, I cannot constantly have to worry whether an upgrade is going to go horribly wrong, my patience for this is waining.
>it no longer recognizes functions that have been added using the "underscore" mixin function
Hmm... Has it ever worked?
_.mixin()dynamically adds passed utility functions to
_object, it's not possible to resolve such dynamically generated stuff during static code analysis unless a special treatment for the certain functions is provided. And WebStorm doesn't provide any special support for
_.mixin(). If you miss it, please feel free to create a feature request in youtrack, https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issues/WEB
>Please give me instructions to roll back to the last version
Previous releases can be downloaded from https://www.jetbrains.com/webstorm/download/previous.html
_mixin has validated for ages, finding all functions added with it, till this upgrade
as long as I included the file that had the mixins in it, it validated and I got code completion