Swift refactoring Follow
Hi! Is there any info on when the Swift refactorings that existed for Objective-C will be available for Swift?
I'm looking for the following functionality specifically:
- Creating a parameter by using it first
- Creating a new method by using it first
- Extracting a superclass
- Extracting a subclass
- Inline parameters and method calls
- Viewing unused local variables, properties, methods, classes, protocols
- Wrap in NSLocalizedString
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Create method intention is available since AppCode 2016.3. You should be able to use it by hitting Option+Enter on unresolved method call, e.g.
There is also Extract Method available via Option+Cmd+M for creating new method from an expression, e.g. from 1 + 2.
As for other refactorings, those are not implemented yet, but they are in our roadmap for future versions. Please vote for the tickets so that we can prioritise:
- Introduce parameter: OC-11594
- Extract superclass: OC-13299
- Extract subclass: OC-13298
- Inline method: OC-16375, inline parameter: OC-17614
- Unused code inspection (see subtasks): OC-17227
- Localization intentions (including wrap into NSLocalizedString): OC-11392
Thanks Tatiana! I've voted for those tickets 👍🏻