My PHPStorm and OS:
Build #PS-181.5087.24, built on May 18, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1136-b39 amd64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o
Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic beaver (using Xorg)
Clean ubuntu install about 2 months ago
Clean PHPStorm install from snap
Installed plugins: ignore, dotenv, editorconfig, bashsupport, php-annotation, symfony2.
A coworker who uses Kubuntu (18.04 also) has same problem.
As far as I can remember, this didn't happen with 17.10
Hard to explain, so I'll post a video below.
Problem is that after interacting with any popup window (intentions popup, search string/file/everywhere popup, ...), even if I do nothing and cancel with ESC, the editor loses the cursor, partially, which means:
- Cursor becomes transparent
- I can move it (up, down, left, right) as I see it highlighting some tokens
- I can't write anything besides tabs
- I can delete characters with backspace/del keys
- CTRL+TAB to change editor tabs doesn't work
- ALT+ENTER to bring in intentions popup does work
The only way to make it work back is either click with mouse, or change to another app and return to PHPStorm with ALT+TAB.
I use the intentions menu very often, so this is a drawback for me.
00:06 moving with directions
00:14 trying to write any letter (A-Z)
00:17 BACKSPACE then DEL
00:30 moving with directions again