IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate is infinitely "refreshing 'sbt' sbt project" when I try to open the official SBT project in it.
I'm opening the official SBT project with IntelliJ IDEA like this:
1. Clone the SBT project with git in a terminal, and check out the v1.2.1 tag:
$ mkdir sbt-modules
$ cd sbt-modules
$ for dir in sbt io util librarymanagement zinc; do \
git clone https://github.com/sbt/$dir.git && \
(cd $dir && git checkout v1.2.1)
2. Open IntelliJ IDEA Ultimate on Mac OS 10.13.6 and click "File > New > Project from existing sources", then select "sbt/sbt/build.sbt" to open the project
3. Check the checkboxes in the "Import Project from sbt" dialogue as shown in the image:
4. Import the project and add the Scala 2.12.6 SDK, and add auto-import, as prompted
5. Watch the "Refreshing 'sbt' sbt project" task go forever, and the "Build" tab shows "sbt: syncing..."
Is it actually possible to open the official SBT project in IntelliJ?
Here's my version of IntelliJ IDEA:
IntelliJ IDEA 2018.2.2 (Ultimate Edition)
Build #IU-182.4129.33, built on August 21, 2018
Subscription is active until November 18, 2018
JRE: 1.8.0_152-release-1248-b8 x86_64
JVM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM by JetBrains s.r.o