When doing a search and replace there are a couple of quirks that I find annoying and don't seem to be the expected behavior. They sort of seem related to this issue that was reported for WebStorm, but aren't exactly the same. I primarily notice the issue (but may be present otherwise) when performing a search and replace in a selection. There are 2 issues that happen.
First, if the search and replace box is already open, but I press ctrl+r to try to jump to the box to enter text it will kill my selection and move the cursor to some random place in my file. (It is suggested in the WebStorm bug that this location is a previous search point, although I am not 100% convinced of that). This is incredibly frustrating when my files are 1000s of lines and I have to manually go back and find the place I had selected the text.
The second case occurs when I have some selected text and the search box already has some text in it from a previous search. If I completely delete the text from the search box (using the backspace key) it will also kill my selection and move the cursor to a random place in my file. This is also incredibly frustrating.
I couldn't find one, but is this known/expected behavior or is there a bug report on this issue. I couldn't find one.