log file keeps not being recognized, then won't open Follow
This keeps happening randomly when I click a .log file to open:
When I click OK, the file doesn't open and the icon doesn't change like it does in another project. The only way I can open it is to change the extension to .txt, but that's annoying when the .log file is auto-generated during testing.
I already removed the project and deleted the .idea folder and .buildpath folder... not sure what else I'm supposed to do.
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Same here and no solution in sight :(
Also, there are no errors in the idea.log file.
If it happens randomly, did you notice any kind of pattern? Would it be possible to share a couple of file names for working and non-working examples?
Here is also a screenshot of this folder in the PHPStorm project files view.
Is it entirely local storage, not a network mount of any kind? Also, would ls -la for affected files differ in any way?
And custom plugin, do you have any at Preferences | Plugins | Installed | Downloaded?
It is entirely local storage (though it is a shared folder via nfs).
ls -la does not differ at all.
The following plugins (downloaded) are installed (though disabling them and restarting the ide does not make any difference).
Did you have .log associated with some file type initially? Were you using Ideolog plugin?
Please check File | Settings | Editor | TextMate Bundles if "log" checkbox is enabled.
the problem seems to be solved for now. At least it startet working again after I deactivated the plugins in the screenshot above.
Took a few restarts, but eventually the problem was gone (for now).
To your questions:
- .log has only and ever been associated with the text file type
- I did not use the Ideolog plugin
- log is enabled in the text mate bundles settings
Hi, unfortunately the error is back.
This time with another log-file called "ion-projection-ms_data-stores-combined_00.log".
I did not reactivate any plugins.
Hi, just found the "solution":
When I uncheck the TextMate Bundles "log" checkbox in the preferences it's working again.
So it seems that it just does not like the contents of some log files.
Unselecting log from textmate bundles fixed it for me too. Thanks
I haven't had the problem for a while.
Hello's answer (unselect log textmate bundle) worked for me too. However, the real solution would be to fix the bundle, since disabling it for log files will disable highlighting too
2 all: this was reported as https://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-250600. It would be great if you could vote & comment for it.
I removed the plugins ".env file support" and I no longer face with this issue.