I have the following project structure:
I also have avro-python3 v.1.8.2 installed.
my_test.py imports avro modules in this way:
from avro.io import AvroTypeException
from avro.schema import RecordSchema
I'm trying to debug internals of avro.io. However, any breakpoints I set in either avro/io.py or avro/__init__.py do not work. "Step Into" (F7) does not work either. Both breakpoints and "Step Into" work on other modules, including standard library modules (I tried e.g. with unittest).
The only way I managed to make debugging work was by copying avro/io.py to avro/io1.py and importing the latter instead of io.py.
I tried invalidating IntelliJ Idea cache several times. Also tried removing avro/__pycache__ folder.
The code of the avro modules is definitely executed because when I add print() traces inside, I can see them - but breakpoints still don't work. Occasionally, when I make changes in avro/__init__.py, breakpoints start working there, but after another change - magically stop again. Seems to have no correlation with whether it matches the original file or not. None of these experiments made avro/io.py work.