One of the features I miss the most from Spyder is recognising lines starting with "#--- Part A of my code" as a bookmark, and showing "Part A of my code" in a kind of project explorer, for easy navigation.
Will PyCharm ever introduce something similar?
Right now, I can add bookmarks:
- F11 to toggle a bookmark
- Shit + F11 to open the vookmark windows
- CTRL + Enter to add a description
Slightly more convoluted, but it works. However:
- Where exactly are the bookmarks stored? The .idea folder has some xml files but I couldn't find the bookmarks there
- If I want to copy the file to another folder (e.g. to start a new project based on an existing one), how can I keep the bookmarks? Which files would I need to copy together with the Python script file?
- How do I ensure that, wherever the files with the bookmarks are stored, they are added to version control? I am using git locally. Is the answer different if I use PyCharm's version control and if I use an external tool like GitKraken? Eg maybe Pycharm knows where these other files are and commits them automatically, whereas GitKraken won't know?