I have an Apache 2.4 server running my website in a virtualbox Ubuntu guest OS. This setup is used exclusively for testing changes to the real website. Apache is configured to serve files from a specific directory called the "DocumentRoot" in Apache terminology. The host is Mac OS Catalina ver 10.15.3, and phpstorm is running on the Mac OS host.
I am trying to create a phpstorm project as follows:
1. Create New Project From existing Files
this brings up the new project wizard which invites me to choose a scenario. The scenario that I chose is "Web server is on remote host, files are accessible via SFTP.
2. Next is the specify local path dialog. I go ahead a pick a project directory on the Mac, and choose default deployment options.
3. Next, I specify an sftp and http url to the virtualbox guest. I am fairly comfortable with virtualbox networking so I had no trouble with this.
4. Next is the specify root folder on remote server dialog, and this is where I'm lost.
The puzzle only seems to have a few pieces to my understanding, and here they are:
* I have a remote web server and a URL to my test website on that remote server
* I have SSH credentials to a user that owns all the files and directories in the file system of the remote web server.
* I have a local directory on the Mac where I want to store project files that must be kept locally.
How do I map these pieces onto the language of PhpStorm to configure a project?