Okay, disclaimer, I don't think this is an issue specifically with PhpStorm, but I do use is daily and I do have some questions.
So, I generally access servers via SSH, very rarely do I use FTP connections anymore (because they're slow and clunky).
However, I do have a few clients that are on shared hosting, and use cPanel, etc., (the first-steps). Not all of them I have issues with, but there have been quite a lot recently.
I've also encountered these issues with FileZilla.
Some of the times it is the connection type (Passive/Active), some times I have to limit the number of connections.
But I seem to have plenty of disconnects and it makes transferring any files a nightmare.
So I've got a few (general) questions:
- Why are there so many FTP connections?
- Should I be using active or passive?
- How often should I send a "keep alive"?
- Could my ISP be playing a role (maybe limiting/blocking ports)?
And some specific to PhpStorm:
- What's the deal with the hang on "refreshing server files"?
- Why are files being "collected" before downloading?
These last two questions do hold up the queue.