merge changes - unexpected behaviour Follow
- I have a master branch
- I have branch-A which is not yet in master
- I have a new branch-B, based on the most recent master, no changes yet, only local
- I need the changes made in branch-A, so I do VCS->Git->Merge Changes
- I check --squash
- changes are made, I have to manually merge one module
- to my surprise, there are no changed files in the commit view, nor are any files marked as changed (blue in the tab)
IntelliJ IDEA 2020.2.3, Build #IU-202.7660.26
Please sign in to leave a comment.
Hello Chris Tammes
It is expected behavior since the result of a merge with "--squash" option will be a commit and there will be no uncommitted changes under "Commit" tab.
If you want to avoid merge commit then you can run merge with "--no-commit" option.
Please let us know if there are any questions.