I seem to have found a serious bug in the latest release 2022.21. It is impossible to know exactly what sequence of events led to the situation.
I was working away and found a part of my code that wasn't working as it should. I shut down the tomcat server and restarted in Debug with a breakpoint set. After fixing the code I quit the browser and stopped the server. I then restarted in Run mode. It displayed a new browser. But it kept stopping at the previous breakpoint which I had removed. I stopped everything, revalidated caches and restarted. I made absolutely sure I was selecting "Run" and not Debug. Still it kept stopping at a non existence debug break point. I then tried shutting down everything, even my PC, switched off the power and restarted. Once again tried to run the web app and it stopped at the non existent break point. No idea how to get the web app to run now without stopping at this non existent break point. Very frustrating. I don't know what more I can do apart from shutting down the whole PC, which I've already done. Tearing my hair out.