I just updated from PyCharm Professional 2020.1 directly to PyCharm Professional 2022.3.1 and the remote debugging ended up working correctly in my projects.
When I now try to begin a remote debugging of any python file by adding a breakpoint, the debugger stops at that line but it opens a new tab pointing to a copy of the file under the "remote_sources" folder. Normally, when I was debugging, this would only happen to me with source files that are external to my project. What could be the problem?
An example of how stops in the correct line but opens the copy from the remote sources.
The settings were automatically imported from the old version into the new version and the old version still works properly (luckily I still have the old version installed).
Some more info:
- I have the deployment settings set up correctly and in "Automatic upload". Files are synced.
- The deployment settings are used for the Remote Python Interpreter in that exact same machine.
- The mapping between the local and remote folder paths is correct on the Python Interpreter settings page.
- The project I'm working on is installed using pip install -e . in the remote Python.
- My PYTHONPATH in the remote machine is empty
- No directory is marked as Sources Root in my project.
Thank you so much for the help!