I know there are already issues opened on this subject but this needs to be addressed !
From time to times PHPStorm stalls and needs to be restarted. After restart, PHPStorm is spending ages (currently more than 30 minutes ans still far from finished !) indexing files on start, including several minutes (!!) on individual files like php.jar on some .ts files.
I'm using PHPStorm on windows with project files on WSL2. All project and Jetbrains files are excludd from Windows Defender.
- I have tried disabling real time virus protection : no change
- I have upgraded to latest version 2023.2.4 : no change
- I have tried “invalidate caches” (with default options) : no change
- I have a SSD, plenty ok disk space and RAM and enough CPU power. This is not a hardware problem.