When using maven, first everything worked fine, but during the last weeks I found that IntelliJ seems to have forgotten how to resolve my workspace artifacts and instead tries to rely on the artifacts in the maven repository.
I've got a huge multi-module maven project (so rebuilding it all the time is not really an option). When I CTRL+Click on the class name in another module (same workspace), it does not lead me to that class in that module, but instead only to a decompiled version of the maven artifact in the repository, which is hugely annoying. Also, it prevents IntelliJ from finding references to something in other modules, making the search for usage function basically useless...
- X (containing class CX)
- Y (contains a class using CX)
When I now CTRL+Click on the reference to CX in Y, it opens the decompiled view of the jar, but of course, it should recognize that this class is IN the workspace already and it should use that version instead.
Unfortunately, while there seems to be something about "Resolve Workspace Artifact", I have not yet found such a setting. I assume that this is only a simple problem where I just haven't found the right setting...