This is a feature request that seems like a minor thing but also would be quite valuable to the editor from my point of view: to be able to Go To usages during a (paused) index update. Here's the scenario I run into very frequently:
- I start a build or Gradle import that takes 5 or 10 minutes, during which I keep working
- At some point an index update is triggered but is paused during the build
- I want to Go To a method's usage(s)
- "Element information is not available during index update" tooltip + empty results
- If I really want it the only way is to stop the build and start it again
Couldn't there be a way to keep existing indexes live while building new ones?